My friends and I love traveling. When visiting a new city, one of the first things we do is track down a map. But not just any map. We look for a map that provides a quickly digestible layout of the city and an overview of top attractions. With such a map, we set out to pound the pavement and conquer the city.
We’ve put together the best free travel maps for cities in the U.S. Many of the maps are based on our own familiarity with the city. If you have a different map suggestion, let me know!
- Anchorage: Way up north, and full of adventure.
- Los Angeles: The city of angels.
- San Diego: An exciting blend of sun and laid-back culture.
- San Francisco: A little bit of everything.
- Denver: The mile high city.
- Washington, D.C.: capital city of the United States.
- Miami: Visit the magic city.
- St. Augustine: Full of Spanish history.
- Honolulu: Escape to paradise.
- Chicago: Much more than wind.
- New Orleans: Take a trip to the Big Easy.
- Boston: Historic New England city.
- Detroit: A true comeback-kid story.
- Branson: Entertainment, music, and hometown fun.
- Kansas City: The diverse heart of the heartland.
- St. Louis: The gateway to the west.
- Minneapolis: The city of lakes.
- Las Vegas: Desert oasis with world-class entertainment.
- New York City: Finance, food, fashion, culture.
- Asheville: A mix of urban and outdoors.
- Portland: Northwest treasure and home of the hipster.
- Philadelphia: Historic home of philly cheesesteaks and liberty.
- San Juan: Beautiful Caribbean destination.
- Providence: Creative capital home to arts and education.
- Charleston: Charming coastal, historic Southern city.
- Nashville: Big dreams come true in Nashville.
- Austin: Live musical capital of the world.
- Houston: Come on down to H-town.
- San Antonio: Remember the Alamo.
- Salt Lake City: Vibrant valley tucked in beautiful mountains.
- Seattle: Tech heavy and tourist friendly.
Ready to travel? We’ve curated some of the most useful products for fellow travelers. Take a look at these great travel products.